Daily Challenge Wednesday Apr. 11, 2012

Quick Cardio

Work your heart and legs with 8 lunges.

• Nicole C. smiled at this

I like lunges but yesterday I experienced my first spin class. My quads are still stiff and lunging was extra challenging. Have a great weekend.

"Work your heart and legs with 8 lunges"

April 14, 2012 at 3:59 UTC via Mobile Web
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Linda S. smiled at this

Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • KIM F., Melissa H., Linda S., and 1 other smiled at this

This one is going to have to wait for tomorrow, which is in 1 minute...

"Work your heart and legs with 8 lunges"

April 12, 2012 at 4:59 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Marilyn P., Jeanne R., KIM F., and 9 others smiled at this

Getting to this post very late today. I did this earlier today but didn't get to the post . The warm up helped but I gotta say my knees don't like lunges much! But like I said the warm up really did help.
    Been home sick the past couple of days and been sleeping a lot during the day, which means when I wake up, like now I am up in the wee hours, not so good. Hoping to fall back to sleep soon.

Hoping to get back on a more regular schedule tomorrow. Day 2 complete Janet!

Hope everyone had a great day today! Remember to keep smiling, it is contagious:)

Here is the how and why for those in other tracks:
    How to do it
    Warm up by walking or marching in place for three to five minutes. Find an open space where you can walk freely. Hold your arms with your elbows bent by your sides, as though you are jogging, and take a giant step forward with your right foot, placing it flat on the floor and allowing the heel of your left foot to come up off the floor. Bend your knees into a lunge, lowering your hips straight down toward the floor as you do. Straighten your legs, then take a giant step forward with your left foot and repeat the lunge on your other side. Repeat six more times, alternating legs so you complete four lunges on each side. Cool down by walking or marching in place for two to three minutes.

Why it matters
    A lunge walk is a great way to work both your heart with a little walk and your legs with a lunge. And the lunges don't have to be big to get good results. So if you have knee problems, concentrate more on taking a big step forward and pulling your back leg from behind than on bending deeply. You'll open up your hips, improve your walking gait, and get a little balance training all at the same time.

"Work your heart and legs with 8 lunges"

April 12, 2012 at 4:57 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Julie C., Brenda M., Marilyn P., and 21 others smiled at this

Whoa...late again. I don't think my knees are ready for this challenge today. I will try it tomorrow and hope that they treat me well! Busy day with my son...he ended up going to school and then we had OM after and then we went to Cub Scouts...I am tired! Tomorrow I thought I would be able to get some stuff done around the house...but my dad wants me to visit.....so, the good daughter that I am will drive again to Orlando to visit him in the hospital. I wish that he had some interests so that he would be able to keep himself entertained. I feel bad for him but it's hard running back and forth. Next week my uncle will be back and I will be in the hospital with my husband....eek! I should become a nurse!

Thanks Annabelle for pacting again! We can do it!

"Work your heart and legs with 8 lunges"

April 12, 2012 at 4:23 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Chris R., KIM F., Joe D., and 7 others smiled at this

I'm not sure if this helped me LOVE lunges... But I do love the results. I actually like lunges and compared to pushups I like anything. ( which just means I need to do more, I know :) )
    I hope everyone had an amazing Wednesday! I will be so happy when my Internet is set up again and I can post to all my friends and connections and post earlier in the day.
    Hugs to all and have a really fantabulous Thursday...
    Update on my mother: took her on her first outing that wasn't a dr appt today to pay some bills and pick up a couple of things. She even got herself a lovely something to wear. She deserves it! She looks better each day and I'm so relieved to be closer to her and see her more often! Thank you for your prayers and thoughts always!:)

"Work your heart and legs with 8 lunges"

April 12, 2012 at 2:42 UTC via Mobile Web
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Missy A. earned the "One Small Action" stamp April 11, 2012 at 23:56 UTC
    One Small Action

Welcome to Daily Challenge!

Welcome to Daily Challenge!
  • Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Darla W. earned the "One Small Action" stamp April 11, 2012 at 23:48 UTC
    One Small Action

Welcome to Daily Challenge!

Welcome to Daily Challenge!
  • Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Rita H. earned the "One Small Action" stamp April 11, 2012 at 23:47 UTC
    One Small Action

Welcome to Daily Challenge!

Welcome to Daily Challenge!
  • Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Sally K. earned the "One Small Action" stamp April 11, 2012 at 23:33 UTC
    One Small Action

Welcome to Daily Challenge!

Welcome to Daily Challenge!

MeYou Health, LLC is a Healthways, Inc. company | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2015 MeYou Health, LLC. All rights reserved.