Daily Challenge Saturday Apr. 21, 2012
Life Evaluation is about examining your life in the present day and taking action to shape the future.
Write down 2 key characteristics of your ideal job or volunteer work.
How to do it
What if you had a job that was as much fun as your time off? Although that might be a little too idealistic, think about and write down the two most important characteristics of your ideal job. For example, you could focus on the type of work, your favorite type of workplace, the people you'd like to work with, how you'd like your work to impact society, or your preferred schedule. If you don't currently work, think about characteristics of a volunteer opportunity or other community work.
Why it matters
For most of us, work defines a large and important part of our lives, whether paid or unpaid. Writing down what you'd like to be doing can be a first step toward actually achieving it. Even if you need to modify your goal or turn it into an enriching hobby, you'll be more motivated to shape your life the way you'd really like.
Some unusual jobs that really exist: Beach Tanning Butler at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Florida, Peacock Manager at the Royal Plantation Ocho Rios in Jamaica, and Director of Elephants at the Anantara Golden Triangle Center in Thailand.
- Johnny H.BranchingLevel 87
1st: Something important, where I am helping out in some way! Preferably with animals.
2nd: Somewhere flexible, because if I get sick I need time to get better, and if I just need a day to relax then I need to be able to take it. But when I am there I will work my butt off, so there better be enough for me to do!!
- Claudia J.PlantingLevel 101
I LOVE my career now, however I have been doing it for a long time. If I could have my dream job, it would be to be a motivational speaker and really make a difference in people's lives. I would still have the freedom I do now to set my own schedule. It would be awesome to live in Hawaii or have several homes across the country to go to and mainly work from home.
- Korynn E.BlossomingLevel 96
It took me days to complete this challenge because my ideal job is constantly changing. However when it really comes down to it these are the things that matter most to me across the board:
1. My ideal job would include a work environment that keeps me motivated. To keep me motivated it should be something that does some kind of real good in the world. I have a hard time working in an environment full of selfish people and I get impatient if I feel like I represent something that people (or society) don't really need.
2. In my ideal job I would have the freedom to make my own decisions and implement ideas without having to face so much bureacracy.
3. I'll add another one here...I don't have the energy to be active all day, everyday but I also don't like sitting at a sterile desk all day, wearing uncomfortable business-casual attire. In my ideal job there would be a balance between moving around and working in a comfortable environment.