Here is...Today's Setting Goals challenge:
Describe your success role model by writing down 5 qualities you admire about this person.
How to do it
Write down the name of one person - you don't even have to know him or her personally - whose level of success you admire. Jot down at least five qualities that make this person successful. Is he known for getting to work early? Does she practice certain habits, such as meditation or exercise, daily? Did he take big risks when starting out in his career?
Why it matters
Figuring out how your success role model achieved his or her goals gets you thinking about your own success habits. Research also shows that when we see someone else achieving what we want for ourselves, we're more likely to believe we can do it, too. Listing the skills and habits that make your role model a success shows you that you don't have to be a superhero to get where you want to be.
1) She loves God and Jesus.
2) She has a passion to assist in the healing process of the most miserable and compromised population.
3) She is a champion for the least liked, respected and formerly underserved of clients in the mental health profession--those diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and those often dually diagnosed with addictions and major depression, etc.
4) She has compassion for clients as well as for the clinicians who work with difficult to treat people.
5) She has had spiritual experiences that completely changed her life. (See NY Times article below).
6) She is a brilliant psychologist.
7) She is an exceptional research scientist.
8) She feels emotions deeply and is able to express herself and be heard in a predominately male-dominated field. (Research scientist/psychologist).
9) She wrote a book and a treatment manual after doing extensive research that challenged and changed the way the medical and mental health profession treats clients with this diagnosis.
10) She is a zen master.
New York Times article:http://www.nytimes.com/2011...
My role model is Marsha M. Linehan, Ph.D.
I'm looking for someone who is free and would be interested in doing a 5-day pact with me.