He was a good singer and humanly committed.
His values are very important to me because it's about respecting a community who's persecuted.
He moved mountains for them.
I think that all the love he gave to them is an example of what a human can do the best for the others.
RIP Adam Yauch.
I might be returning to normal tomorrow...whew! Papers are done. Finals in 4 days. I might be volunteering to teach English as a second language this summer : )
Happy ...what day is it? Tuesday : )
This one is so important
Never Gives UP
Asks for and accepts help
Follows the goals but does not set the plan in concrete.
He tought me that when I can't someone will help.
China from WWF she is:
1 A positive person
2 Ambition with her way of thinking
3 Considerate about her goal setting
4 Intelligent for doing all she did in a man's world
5 I admire her for going ture so much stress and still looking great
I picked a successful author -- well successful in a monetary sense, if not literary. She did change the culture. Her qualities --- 1) She followed her dream. 2) She ignored critics. 3) She did the necessary research. 4) She stuck to her goals over a period of years, she never gave up. 5) She never lost sight of what was really important in her life (kids, grandkids).
This was not as easy as I thought, more because of the many attributes rather than only a few. Here' my take on my role model's top qualities, alphabetically, but really in no particular order:
and underlying all that, a sene of humor.
Yes, technically that's six, but I don't care.
Also: I was reading posts from yesterday. What an impressive collection of 'mission statements' and how powerfully expressed. Truly inspirational. You guys are really something special. Thanks.
Hoping for a bit of rain soon. The pine pollen is everywhere. This moring my car was covered (again) with a coat of fine, chartruese dust, almost 'nano-fine". Only about two more weeks of that and outside will be liveable once more. Never dull in the Pines.
Good day, all.
Interigty, compassionate, loyal, happy, and creative.
Okay Cyn, we are on day 3. Half way through it and it looked like you complete your challenge before me. Good for you. I was having a slow morning. I didn't want to get up, but I did, let the dog out, and went for my run. Then I did my dishes and put out a new dish cloth and two new towels. Off to work I went.
Yesterday, I was very bad, I only worked on my homework and not on my house. Today is PLTI so I won't be able to get to it until Wednesday. I need to get flowers planted and that living room done. I am shooting for the end of this week to get it completed. It's really not that much, just looks like it. I think I know where I am going to hang my pictures, so I should be able to start on my Family room by Monday.
Have a great Tuesday.
1. Uses time wisely to support health and mental health 2. Avoids using alcohol as a medication and instead turns to meditation, exercise, deep breathing, and behavior modification 3. Sets goals which can be reached weekly, so as not to overwhelm themselves 4. Never gives up, despite setbacks on their road to health 5. Never gives up
I picked a friend who does the same job as I do, parent. The aspects of her that I feel make her a great parent are her: Passion, Creativity, Heart, Intelligence, Thirst for Learning. Those are all aspects of her that I admire & am constantly trying to emulate.
My grand mother! When I think of success she comes to mind R.I.P. to her.
1. She moved to Rhode island from Virginia with nothing but 8 children, and managed to get a great job and purchase 3 three family homes (strength).
2. She purchase these homes to bring other family members up north and helped them live a better life! (never selfish).
3. She never bragged, but always helped family and the community. Never realized until now how many families I know in Rhode Island that owns a home from the help of my grandma (giving).
4. Smiled, no matter what went wrong she had a smile that brightened up anyones day, you would have never known if things was wrong she never dwelled on the bad. She would say use that energy to focus on the good (Wise).
5. Single mother of 8 children, held a great job, made a difference in anyone's life she ever came across, people would criticize her due to jealousy, but she never reacted, she just prayed for them, and kept it moving. This woman still ate healthy, and exercised, up until the day she died. Growing up I never knew she was sick.
My grandma Hattie lee Hall was Strong, Giving, Wise, Rich, Noble, and among other great things she was Humble. She was Success, and I hope I can be half the woman she was
You are currently signed out
You need to be signed in to:
- mark challenges as “Done”
- see friends
- see your points