Today's Daily Challenge Wednesday Apr. 23, 2014

Basic Access
Basic Access

from

Basic Access is about awareness of access to some key elements such as healthy food, health care, and a safe and satisfying place to live.

Everyday Well-Being

Find out where to recycle outdated or unused electronics in your community.

How to do it

Do a search for the name of your city/town and state or province with the words "electronics recycling" or "e-waste recycling." Click on the top results for information about how and where to dispose of electronics in your area.

Why it matters

Old cell phones, printers, and computers that end up in landfills can pollute our communities with toxic materials, making oceans and streams less safe for drinking, swimming, and supporting wildlife. To keep electronics out of the trash, many cities and towns have recycling centers for e-waste. Others schedule drop-off days throughout the year. Bonus: recycling e-waste can help you clear clutter from your desk or closets.

Fun fact

The world's oldest working digital computer, known as "The Witch," was recently uncovered and restored. It was first used in the 1950s for British atomic research. The computer weighs as much as a car and can still run with most of its original parts.

• Ann M. Ann M.
    Flourishing

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Done!

April 23, 2014 at 12:21 UTC via Mobile Web
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Mary T. Mary T.
    Blossoming
    Level 23

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

A friend has taken my old electronics to a recycle place and I know that there is also one or two in my community.

April 23, 2014 at 12:21 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Dawnmarie H. Dawnmarie H.
    SproutingLevel 232

Bob G. smiled at this

Done.

Happy Wednesday Y'all!

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

God bless all our children who are taking the CRCT test that they all do well, have plenty of sleep each night as they go on with this daily testing, plenty to eat, and that the knowledge they need to succeed fills them as they go through each day of testing.

Birds are singing this morning, the sun is ...see more

April 23, 2014 at 12:21 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Joanne S. Joanne S.
    SproutingLevel 155

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Happy Hump Day its 41 with a high of 58 with a chance of showers later this afternoon. Our city does have recycling so there no problem with it here. I should take my old cell phone as it just sitting around here. I know a couple of times a year they take appliances tires and such. The church that I go to takes old batteries and then they take it to the recycling center. This is my day off. Will be ...see more

April 23, 2014 at 12:20 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Debb V. Debb V.
    GrowingLevel 309

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

There's a little computer repair shop nearby that take unwanted electronics for recycling.

April 23, 2014 at 12:20 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Myjoy H. Myjoy H.
    Flourishing

Brenna P. smiled at this

My son's workplace takes care of this, so when in need, he takes them.

Thank you Lyn & Beth for my morning sun adding a bright spot to a cloudy day. Hopefully, the clouds disappear and I will be outside all day;)

Brenna, day 3 and you've already done your challenge! I really tried to get here first;)

If the answer's no today...turn it into a yes!!!!

April 23, 2014 at 12:20 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Brenna P. Brenna P.
    BranchingLevel 290

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

I googled it, we do not have a place in our town to recycle unused electronics. But twice a year the city does have a electronics and medicine drop off at our civic center. I have never dropped anything off, but I am aware of it if I do decide to get rid of some things.

Thanks for the encouragement Kathy! Happy Wednesday DC friends!

April 23, 2014 at 12:19 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Kevin B. Kevin B.
    BranchingLevel 40

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Best Buy recycles electronics. I think the last time I did this I didn't have to make a purchase. Seems like at one time you had to buy a gift-card but that may not be the case anymore.

April 23, 2014 at 12:19 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Diane R. Diane R.
    BlossomingLevel 249

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Once a year in the summer they have a free trash and recycle day where it is picked up curbside by city employees. People started putting out too much for the guys to handle in the two alloted days that now they will pick up trash only that one free day and you have to transport the electronics and hazardous materials yourself to the city garage that day. It seems to work since we're a small town and ...see more

April 23, 2014 at 12:19 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Lois W. Lois W.
    BranchingLevel 137

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

I turn these types of things into my church. They turn them in and get $$ back to use for different mission trips and service projects.

April 23, 2014 at 12:19 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone

MeYou Health, LLC is a Healthways, Inc. company | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2014 MeYou Health, LLC. All rights reserved.