Today's Daily Challenge Thursday Mar. 05, 2015

Purpose
Purpose
Purpose

People with high career well-being have a deep purpose in life and a plan to reach their goals.

Everyday Well-Being

Recall your favorite subject in high school, and list 3 reasons why you liked it.

How to do it

Think back to your high school education and recall which class you enjoyed the most. Was it your favorite because you excelled at the subject? Or maybe you had a teacher who inspired you to learn? List 3 reasons why you liked it. (Hated school? Try to think of one positive part of the experience, whether it happened in the classroom or not.)

Why it matters

What we enjoy and appreciate says a great deal about ourselves. Recalling a favorite subject of study is a great way to remember that learning can be fun. By breaking away from the assumption that learning - or even work - is a chore rather than a joy, you can find pleasure in unexpected places. You may even find that you're inspired to learn more about a specific topic.

Fun fact

Woody Allen once said, "When I was in school, I cheated on my metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me."

• Thanutra T. Thanutra T.
    Growing
    Level 9

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

Cooking and housework

Fun
    Delicious
    And adding up my skill which still proving an important skill until now e.g. sewing

March 5, 2015 at 10:15 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Helene C. Helene C.
    LeafingLevel 117

Nobody has smiled at this yet. Click to be the first!

English
    1) it was easy
    2) teacher was inspiring
    3) subject was interesting

March 5, 2015 at 10:09 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Vitek Š. Vitek Š.
    Sprouting
    Level 7

Ul S. smiled at this

Math. Reasons:
    1. It had logic construction and there was no need to memorize lot of facts (as in history... :)
    2. The entusiastic teacher able to teach (what is not always the same)
    3. And I was good in it (not the case of history :-)

March 5, 2015 at 9:50 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Dana P. Dana P.
    BranchingLevel 87

Lynn R. and Noor S. smiled at this

I loved literature in my first year on high school...I love to read and we had a teacher, who always thought about interesting projects for us to do, was really funny and made the books she talked about sound amazing :)

March 5, 2015 at 9:49 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Menno V. Menno V.
    Flourishing

Noor S. smiled at this

I seriously disliked high school. I guess I liked technical subjects most: physics, mathematics and chemistry. I liked the fact that they were understandable. I disliked languages (even though now I work with languages myself). I really can't think of other reasons why I liked these courses. I prefer not to think too much about high school anymore.

March 5, 2015 at 9:49 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Mariela A. Mariela A.
    Flourishing

Mariela A., Lynn R., and Noor S. smiled at this

Good Morning my dear DC friends!!!... It's almost 5:00 am and it's raining...

Done!... I loved English... I always wanted to learn at least 5 languages... On 1991 I decided to go to US for 2 years to learn English and ended up living there for 20 years.... The reason: I always thought that to be able to communicate with people talking in another language was excited. I studied a little bit ...see more

March 5, 2015 at 9:33 UTC via Mobile Web
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Marti P. Marti P.
    SproutingLevel 254

Marti P. and Noor S. smiled at this

Science, especially Earth Science, because these classes tended to be more hands on, interactive and interesting. Mainly, these classes had the best teachers who had a sense of humour and fun!

March 5, 2015 at 9:05 UTC via Mobile Web
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Luis A. Luis A.
    Branching
    Level 15

Marti P. smiled at this

Morning Everyone!

My favourite subject was physics! I had a teacher that made great emphasis in applied physics and we got to do lots of cool experiments and even made a race of cars push by a hydroelectric system!

March 5, 2015 at 8:50 UTC via Mobile Web
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Glen S. Glen S.
    Leafing
    Level 17

Marti P. and Vitek Š. smiled at this

My favourite subject towards the end of secondary school was probably French. Not because it was my best subject or that I excelled in it or anything, but purely because I enjoyed learning the language, bit by bit, and I was always keen to listen. :) Not to mention learning about a different culture to your own really broadens many horizons. :)
    Have a spectacular day everybody!

March 5, 2015 at 8:46 UTC via Mobile Web
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone
  • Pauline C. Pauline C.
    Sprouting
    Level 5

Marti P. smiled at this

I went through secondary school on the fringes of everything, on the outside looking in, not understanding what all this enthusiasm and success and team-belonging and cliques were about. I went through the motions in a daze. They say I was a late developer and I believe it.

However, pushed by this challenge, I realise the one area where I succeeded and even excelled was music.
    Because ...see more

March 5, 2015 at 8:10 UTC
    Note: This is a public post. Your reply will be viewable by everyone.
    Posts to: Everyone

MeYou Health, LLC is a Healthways, Inc. company | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2015 MeYou Health, LLC. All rights reserved.