Sandra P.'s Profile
streak 268 days
streak 41 days
- Completed 2316 challenges
I think DC is shopping with me! I just bought some avocado oil yesterday. It is a healthy gay to cook with.
My new windows come in this week. Finally finish off all of the construction. The picture is what it looks like now.
I just spent time with friends yesterday. Over the next week, I will be so busy. I work one job and take a class for grad school. Tomorrow my university teaching job starts. I hope I can make it until May!
Thank you for the E today, Sandra P twin! Have a great Sunday.
The kitchen is done! The picture shows the final result. I can't get the whole kitchen in shot due to the shape of it but you can get an idea here.
I do this already. I have then set at the lowest price. My pharmacy is really good and they will often do it for me. For example, they stopped putting one drug through the insurance because it was cheaper on the $4 program.
We did it again, Sandra P twin! Thank you for joining me on my journey.
The kitchen is OH SO CLOSE to being done. They were doing the backsplash yesterday and ran out of tiles. They got more but it cost them some drying time so they couldn't finish the grout. They will be here any minute to finish. Should take them about an hour and then the kitchen will be done! I will post a picture tomorrow of the final product.
I did this about 30 times yesterday at the gym. I may do it again today, who knows?
Thank you for the E today, Sandra P twin!
This morning, they are coming over to do the backsplash. Then our kitchen will be done.
I have a question for all of you. When the plumber hooked up the sink, he put the garbage disposal on the right side sink. I have never in my life seen that and it is really bugging me. I wash dishes in the left sink and that's where the disposal should be to catch food that was on the dishes. I do most dishes in the dishwasher now but it is still bugging me that he put it in backwards. Do any of you have it this way? Am I making too big a deal about it? I am seriously considering making somebody fix it.
We asked him why he did that and he said the right side sink is deeper. They look the same to us, so if it's deeper it's not by much. And what does deeper have to do with it, anyway? I am really confused here.
I haven't really had a kitchen for awhile so this will have to wait. This morning the plumber came and hooked up my sink. Yesterday, the put the countertop in. So at least I have a functional kitchen now, finally! The only thing left to do is the backsplash. That will happen either tomorrow or Monday. We are waiting to hear.
Thank you for the E today, Sandra P twin!
I looked up Phoenix, Arizona. I don't live in Phoenix proper but rather a city just to the east. However, I have looked up my city more than once with this challenge (the danger of being on DC for 6.5 years!). Here are some interesting facts about Phoenix:
- The fifth largest city in the United States.
- Phoenix is located in Maricopa County. Maricopa County is about the size of New Hampshire.
- The name Phoenix reportedly comes from pioneer Darrell Duppa who saw the ruins of the Hohokam Indian tribe and believed another civilization would rise from the ashes.
- An ANNUAL rainfall of 8 inches.
- Home to more than 200 golf courses. That's probably because the sun shines during 85% of our daylight hours.
- 15 Major League Baseball teams conduct their spring training here. Probably all that sunshine.
- The grass football field at the University of Phoenix stadium (home of the Arizona Cardinals) is stored outside until two days before an NFL or arena football game. Today's picture is a view of the field when it's outside. Here is a video of the field being moved back inside in preparation for a game: https://www.youtube.com/wat...
Pretty interesting place!
Thank you, Sandra P twin, for the E today! One day I hope to be able to stay in Houston longer than 24 hours so I can look around a bit.
This is fun! I used to do this in a boxing themed cardio class. Using boxing inspired moves to burn a lot of calories. You can do this wearing anything. Boxing gloves are optional!
Here were go again, Sandra P twin!