Cinda W.'s Profile
streak 703 days
streak 92 days
- Completed 1066 challenges
I'm 63 years old: feel better than when I was 30. A few years ago I was morbidly obese, coping with chronic knee pain from a 1988 injury, suffering with chest pains, wondering if I would wake up in the morning. I was a 'walking dead woman'.
Today I'm an endurance athlete: triathlete, century rider, & solo bike tourer (685 mile in 11 days). I've shed 185 lbs, more to go! I coach/mentor others to recapture the lives they love. I am blessed.
- I wash my feet with cool water when it's hot; and hot water when it's cold. I like fresh air too and in winter no heater unless it is really cold. I prefer to add extra blankets.
I'm in Puerto RIco now and it is heating up - we have no A/C so windows open and ceiling fan makes room comfortable most of the time; I also have used a stand up fan a few nights and shut it off in middle of night using remote control.
I typically don't use an alarm to wake up. Recently wanted to change my sleep pattern a bit to rise earlier so I set an alarm for about a week. Now I wake up automatically - rested and ready to go workout. April 17, 2014 at 2:30 UTC
- Well - this is a big one: my son's father told me to have an abortion - although we were planning a wedding, starting a new business together at the time I got pregnant, he never spoke to me again after that day. Definitely a negative moment that ended with a positive result: I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who is now 25 years old. We had a very close relationship as I raised him as a single parent. I love him with all my heart - unfortunately he hasn't spoken to me for 6 months - since the day he got married. I pray for him always - and I know some day he will realize that he is under a negative influence and our relationship will be restored.
Some days it is very difficult - but I must keep moving forward! April 15, 2014 at 19:30 UTC
- Puerto Rico has some delicious coffees...no need for Starbucks here although they have them they are 4 times as expensive as having a cup of coffee in a local joint.
Sometimes I eat while working - and this is not a good thing. I don't do it often so I wouldn't call it a habit.
Ah but checking my computer when I wake up during the night is a bad habit and I am working to break myself of this one. It started because of working with people in different time zones and making myself available...
procrastinated this year and just doing my taxes - I would like to finish them today in time to go to a movie tonight. April 13, 2014 at 21:36 UTC
Alice C. replied April 13, 2014 at 23:54 UTC:
- Just did this 2 days ago --- DONE! April 12, 2014 at 12:09 UTC
- Sometimes I just get out my big pants (size 32 blue jeans with 58" waist) to remind me that unhealthy eating will not comfort me. Or I look at old photos - or I go for a bike ride.
Even though I have lost more 160 lbs and been on this wellness journey for four years, there have been several times that I let my emotions control my eating - a self destructive behavior so some of that 160 lbs I have lost more than once, such that the reality is I've actually lost well over 200 lbs.
When I find myself in that negative situation, I actually intentionally use food to punish myself for a perception that I am bad and don't deserve to be healthy.
I am working on this - and pray that tools I am using now, will help me to never do that again. I definitely am on a great path right now - eating healthy, sleeping well most of the time, getting plenty of exercise - despite experiencing a number of extremely stressful situations in my life.
So find your pleasure today in something healthy and have a fabulous day.
TGIF = Thank God I'm Free! April 11, 2014 at 13:44 UTC