Alice C.'s Profile
streak 282 days
streak 117 days
- Completed 1075 challenges
I am very socially active belonging to a few Lodges and Clubs. I love to volunteer, have fun, exercise, play games, good food, music and have loads of friends.
I live in Burlington in a ranch home with a flower and veggie garden. I am a vegetarian and love to cook.
- I have recently felt a real negative break in my life. At first I fell apart but the I pulled myself together and realized that now I could focus on my health and forgive and forget. Forgive is the big one. If you don't, then you're the one that suffers. Now it gave me more time. I am now taking Yoga, Jazzercise, Balance Classes, Strengthening Classes and enjoying the new freedom to be me. It is all good thanks to all the support from my friends. No hard feelings. April 15, 2014 at 16:21 UTC
- I am well aware of the food containing too much salt. When you add them all together in one day, no wonder so many people are sick. I only eat fresh vegetables, no pastries, rarely canned goods etc. Had the results of my blood test today and the doc said everything was perfect except for my iron. Could be because I'm a vegetarian so will be adding more iron to my diet. April 15, 2014 at 2:12 UTC
- The one unhealthy habit that I have and I'm not sure how unhealthy it is. I have a ginger brandy mixed with hot water every night. It is relaxing and helps me sleep. Tonight I will go without. I really want to lose weight so this might help also. April 13, 2014 at 23:49 UTC
- I always take the hair out of my brush but I admit I don't shampoo it that often. It is a Jean Pierre - a small brush - with a rubber base to it so I didn't soak it. I shampooed it and rinse it thoroughly and left it to dry. April 12, 2014 at 15:14 UTC
- Usually I find comfort with my friends. I have so many friends that I can turn to and just pour it all out. They know me so well and just know what to say to make me feel better. Some are friends that I have met here on DC. We are such a family. April 11, 2014 at 21:13 UTC
- I did and didn't find a group near my house. I will start walking soon anyway. I love to walk around my neighborhood by myself. I am more aware of the vegetation, the birds, and nature sounds in general. If you walk with someone you can't meditate and enjoy nature. April 10, 2014 at 16:47 UTC
Alice C. replied April 10, 2014 at 16:50 UTC:
- Today I noticed that the sun means so much to me. I ate my lunch on my deck even though it is only 45 degrees out. The sun was beaming on the house and my deck is in a corner so it was so comfortable. Then I got in my car to visit my girls and the car was like a sauna. I'm so grateful for the sun and its warmth. I think I noticed it today because it was been such a long cold winter. Sending sunshine your way. April 9, 2014 at 20:16 UTC
- I just happened to eat 2 rye toasts this AM with peanut butter. Went to Jazzercise for 1 hour and Strength and Training for another hour. I got my exercise in today. Love it. Hip didn't hurt too badly. April 8, 2014 at 20:17 UTC