Jim M.'s Profile
- Jim M. is taking time away from Daily Challenge and will be back on April 21, 2014.
I'm signing off for a bit. We have another family emergency -- my brother's wife took a fall and broke her right shoulder and will need surgery. I have to go to their home in Lakeland to help for awhile. My brother is still in a brace due to many knee operations, so I'm helping them for about ten days or so.
- We have a good emergency supply kit – living in Florida it’s a must-have due to hurricanes & tropical storms. Medical items, water, canned foods, etc are standing by for use or to place in the car if we have to bug-out!
Happy Sunday!!! April 6, 2014 at 12:56 UTC
- No thanks. To be painfully honest -- I’m a pretty clumsy guy and using smaller eating utensil would only make me spill things a bit more.
I’ll finish Donna’s business taxes today while she has a beach day on our wonderful beach. She deserves her day in the son after having a busy work week while dealing with her fatigue from cancer treatment. We have a big sunshine day with a high of 86 degrees.
“The sun lay like a friendly arm across her shoulder.”
Margorie Kinnan Rawlings April 5, 2014 at 12:19 UTC
- Challenge done. Thanks for the morning encouragement Lynn R.
Well, I’m knee-deep in Donna’s business taxes so I’ll turn-to and finish them by tonight or tomorrow. Thank goodness for the Turbotax program and it’s guidance through business tax requirements. I really wish we had a ‘flat tax’ where everyone just paid in about 10%. Maybe those big corporations would pay their share!
Happy Friday!!! April 4, 2014 at 13:13 UTC
- I have a Roku machine that brings in nearly 40,000 movies into our TV for viewing anytime. Roku is just the brand name. Apple and many others make the device.
Basically this brings viewing Netflix’s via the internet to our TV’s. Almost 99% of the time I watch Netflix but there are many other channels available. You must have a wireless router for this to work. My Netflix streaming video account costs $8.35 per month & my Roku machine cost $80 (one time only).
We don’t make it out to the movies as often as we used to so we catch up on films that are 2 years old or older for very little cost (less than the money spent at the theater snack bar). Netflix’s also brings us entire seasons of TV shows all at once; I’d like to but I’ve never seen ‘Breaking Bad’ but I have every episode ever aired on my Netflix’s account.
No pesky TV advertisements on any programming!
Happy Thursday!!! April 3, 2014 at 12:21 UTC
- Dependable, logical & a bit wacky (‘wacky comes from my brother). It’s another sunny day in the neighborhood with a high in the low 80’s. Happy Wednesday!!!
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
Theodore Roosevelt April 2, 2014 at 11:24 UTC
- I just returned from a morning beach walk and had an egg & broccoli omelet with a touch of salsa on top. Challenge is complete.
Thanks for the morning encouragement Mary M. & Janet K. – it’s always appreciated.
Happy Tuesday!!! April 1, 2014 at 14:01 UTC
- Completed that one with caution. I have a busy day today running errands and catching up on a few things. It’s all good.
Thanks for the morning encouragement Carol S, my DC friend up the Gulf Coast from me. We have sunshine and 60 degrees right now in Naples. We’re going to top out at 81 and be in the mid 80’s the rest of the week.
Happy Monday!!! March 31, 2014 at 13:38 UTC
Level 199: Blossoming
Reach level 200 to reveal.