Beckie P.'s Profile
streak 129 days
streak 0 days
- Completed 304 challenges
I became a Christian in 2011, and my walk with God is very important to me and figures strongly in to my daily life. I openly talk about my faith, my church and my Lord.
I joined DC to improve my health and emotional well being.
- at bedtime I try to eat veggies as a late snack. I read somewhere to eat cucumber slices before bed and it releases something or other to help you sleep. I will just add carrot sticks to my cucumber slices. August 21, 2013 at 22:17 UTC
- It makes me less cranky when dealing with the public (I work in a grocery store) and it gives me more energy to get my work done. August 21, 2013 at 4:44 UTC
- Done. Awhile back a friend who is divorced was commenting about all the things she missed from being married and having the extra money she had before. Like good toilet paper, paper towels, hand lotions etc. She had recently went thru breast cancer, and just didnt have much money at all. I fixed a HUGE goodie box for her, with paper towels, the "good" toilet paper, lotions, candles, napkins, fabric softener, chocolates, hot cocoa, etc. You know, the things you buy with extra money, that you immediately cut out when you are going thru hard times. I didnt even let her know it was from me, just sent it with her daughter. I did hear that she was thrilled with her goodies that mysteriously showed up at her house. I have also left boxes of groceries at the doorsteps of people who I know can use them. I dont let them know who its from, as I want my blessings to come from God, and not from man. August 1, 2013 at 4:43 UTC
- I do this a lot at work. I work retail and do a lot of standing, walking on cement floors. Makes for a lot of leg cramps. I dot this periodically just to give my legs a quick rest. It helps, even just a bit. July 30, 2013 at 1:41 UTC
Kristin B. replied July 30, 2013 at 1:46 UTC:
- I have a relative who abuses prescriptions at times. But he has so many health issues, its hard to be judgemental. I have another relative who takes a lot of meds, She has chronic pain and at times hurts a lot. It aggrevates me because the doctor will take her off so many meds, and then the next time she goes they will go ahead and give them back to her. I think the doctors are too prone to just hand out pills that keep people addicted, instead of telling them maybe they need to learn to cope a little bit. I have chronic pain, but hate the way pain meds make me feel, so I just deal with it. Maybe if it was so severe I would feel differently but I am able to deal with it on my own, July 24, 2013 at 21:23 UTC
- at work I keep a box of Nut-rition packs. I eat one most every afternoon for a snack. They are loaded with nuts, soy nuts, sesame sticks, etc. I dont care for dried fruit so I dont get that variety. And at home I usually cook with olive oil. Have a great monday everyone. July 8, 2013 at 15:20 UTC
Pennie M. replied July 8, 2013 at 19:13 UTC:
- On thursday nights I go thru my wallet, take out all the old receipts, take out any cash that is left and put it in a jar. That way, when I get my check Friday morning, I start out fresh. I save all the change and cash I can all week long and this goes in to a special back to school fund. After that it will turn in to a Christmas fund. Sometimes is only a couple of dollars and sometimes its much more than this. July 8, 2013 at 3:16 UTC
Linda G. replied July 8, 2013 at 5:57 UTC:
Level 105: Sprouting
Reach level 106 to reveal.
Reach level 107 to reveal.