Sandy T.'s Profile
- Happy holidays, everyone!
As many of you know, my husband has been quite ill for the last couple of months and I wanted to quickly touch base with my friends to provide an update. He remains in Hospice care in a facility a couple of miles away from the hospital where I work (he has been there since November 7th). Though he was given only a few days to live back in October he is still with me/us and continues to have a drive and determination to rid his body of this disease and find healing. With this being a season of miracles... and I definitely believe in miracles... I know if anyone can pull off such healing it will be him.
I spend most of my days at Hospice with him and, fortunately, can work remotely from his room. Lately I've been trying to work for a few hours in my office and then go over to Hospice to spend the rest of the day/night with him. It has been incredibly hectic with very little down-time. I miss connecting with you all and hope that things will start settling down at some point so that I can spend a little of my time here with you. Until that time, I wish you all light, love, and happiness.
Namaste. December 26, 2013 at 16:32 UTC
Show moreFred C. and others posted 4 replies.
Lyn Y. replied December 28, 2013 at 13:16 UTC:
I'm so happy you made it here for even a few minutes. You know I've been praying all along.
Kathy R. replied December 31, 2013 at 15:16 UTC:
I am praying for you and your husband Sandy. My dad spent a Christmas in hospice and its so difficult.
- My biggest worry is my husband's health. I'm writing this in my husband's ICU room. He's very ill and I'd love to hear at least one solution. Right now he's trying to stay with us and I'm hoping they figure out a way to make that so. With that in mind, I'm going to take a hiatus from DC. I do plan to come back... so I wish you all the bestest days! September 25, 2013 at 20:56 UTC
- I have a friend that I have become very close to in the last few months and there are many 'shares' we've been sharing. Kinda cool stuff! So, I'm going to say this challenge is done.
I have to apologize for being somewhat lax in posting on DC lately... My husband has been quite ill and it seems like each and every day is a new struggle trying to help him find comfort. He's in a lot of pain and not eating. Cancer and chemo (and other treatments) are two of the ugliest words in my mind. It has definitely robbed me of my husband and we are doing all we can right now to rescue him. My daughter (the nurse) is with him today and hopefully she can lend good assistance for him at least today. Don't know what tomorrow will bring. With all that said, I am considering taking a hiatus from DC for a little while... but not until I finish my pact with sweet Lyn. All of you are wonderful people and I do so enjoy being on this site and checking in on everyone. But right now I don't have time or even strength sometimes to even breathe. This has by far been the hardest thing the two of us have ever had to endure. But, we are extremely fortunate to have some wonderful friends and family (especially my daughter) that are there with us... we're not doing this alone.
Thanks for listening... really needed to get that off my chest. Looking forward to more bright and beautiful days. September 24, 2013 at 15:33 UTC
Show moreMary M. and others posted 7 replies.
Victoria N. replied September 24, 2013 at 23:24 UTC:
Best friends ever!
Beth W. replied September 25, 2013 at 12:51 UTC:
Big hugs!! you are not alone. I think of you often..your husband too...especially when the sun is shining ..I know how beautiful it is on your side of the mountain. You need to take care of you too..keep your smile..even when you don't and do what you have to do...I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers !! ♥ ♥
- Wow... too easy! That would be the smell of baked bread... my grandma's baked bread. Sometimes I still smell it even when there's no baked bread in sight or in range of smell.... that's when I know she's there with me. Miss her...
Happy Monday everyone! September 23, 2013 at 14:55 UTC
- First place that comes to mind (at the top of my bucket list) is the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
Happy Sunday, everyone! Been on an outing with my daughter and her family this morning. Wonderful time.... wonderful weather. Hope your day is wonderful as well! September 22, 2013 at 18:22 UTC
Level 242: Leafing
Reach level 243 to reveal.
Reach level 244 to reveal.
Reach level 245 to reveal.