Dee F.'s Profile
- Now speaks the Dee;
In re DC;
But not with glee,
It worked my knee.
Actually, This is a good exercise, if the athlete uses common sense and doesn't go hog wild having fun. Yesterday, I mowed the front lawn, ignored too long and wild and woolly. For more of a workout I used the push power mower. I provided the push, Briggs and Stratton the power. A bit unfair to blame DC for the result of my own sloth. The DC way is aerobic. My push mower exercise was almost isometric, I moved so slowly around and around in ever decreasing circles not unlike that bird of fable that, well never-mind, [It finally disappeared, you will recall.]
Dog pities thee,
So let us flee,
To the Pantry.
For you coffee,
And Yums for me.
: April 18, 2014 at 15:52 UTC
- Dee: Never did like basketball. I was so poor in it that gym teachers always found some reason for me not to play. I bless them for it. Water boys and bandage carriers are essential, too. Still I gave the DC a game try. Lined up a wastepaper basket in a cranny with wall behind, cabinet on one side, freezer on other. Measured the 8 foot back. Crumbled a newspaper sheet. [Well that was fun. Good finger exercise, too.] Shot. Missed as the Wad shot over the top of the freezer. Figured out the walking over, squeezing in the narrow gap behind the freezer, and then doing Yoga Half Moon Pose [Ardha Chandrasana] to recover from in and back under the freezer.. Couldn't bnd forward, as the gap was too narrow, had to bend sideways from the waist, so back foot rose as the other side arm went for the recovery. (Breathe out on the way down, in on the way back up.) Finally did the DC, many tries later.
Dog: Found some Yums down there, too. April 17, 2014 at 16:28 UTC
- Dee: On the Swiss Ball.Crossed arms and hands on shoulders I arose and attempted the first rep. Sat back down as the Ball rolled away. I went to squat, full squat and KO'd. Decided, while I was down, to just do a bit of Yoga, Savasana [Corpse Pose]. Then meditated a moment in Easy Pose. [Sukhasana or Cross legged sitting on floor pose.] It was mystically revealed* to me the TRUTH. "Push ball back against the wall before doing the DC of today". Restarted and it worked.Good DC.
*Dog: By me.Must take care of the reacher for the Yums. April 16, 2014 at 15:35 UTC
- Dee: Obediently. On the way to the pike to get the paper, after warmup, 15 seconds side slip one way and wheeled to face the other way and now the other side. Two sets and as it was cold i was moving fast. God stint. Got paper and did it Boxer Warm-up style on the way back.Shuffle right and as the foot hits the ground right jab etc. Breathe in through nose, out through mouth as I jabbed.
Dog: There's the bell. Time to repair and refresh. Yum. April 15, 2014 at 14:51 UTC
- Dee: Read Instructions. Followed Instructions. [Well almost, see the Swiss Ball finale below.] Good me. Assumed the position, as they say in COPS. Hands against the wall feet back and spread them. Except only a bit wide, about shoulder distance. Did the DC Mountain Climber Dance. Knee comes up toward chin as foot on floor rises on toe. Hold it - then down to both feet on floor flat footed and do the other side. I like it. One rep is after both sides go tiptoe. Did the set of 12 reps. Really like rising up on toe part. Did another set of 12 for fun, Since the first set really warmed up the legs and body, this time with the feet further back. That leg stretch is easier as you go along, so I kept pushing my feet back during the set. Time to Emeril it and, "Kick it up a notch." Did a set, one handed, then set 4 with the other hand. Wobbled a bit for the first few, but it all came together for the finale. The Swiss Ball [Large Exercise Stability Ball] Finale. Grabbed a ball and hit the wall. Ball about chin height. hands on ball, walked feet back as far as I could and stay flat footed on floor. Wobbled a bit, then did the Mountain Climber. [Wobbly boulder version?] Harder for the two sets one handed. My in-house personal Fitness Trainer, Dog, called for an Encore, so I did it with the Ball a bit higher and the forehead on ball, hands out Superman. Collapsed on floor, hugged Dog and it was Yums for all. Well Coffee for me.
Dog: We Professional Fitness Gurus are good, aren't we? Well worth our Yums. April 15, 2014 at 0:52 UTC
- Dee: Down the driveway to the Pike. Just about the right distance, if I do the warmup and cool down on the front porch. I tossed in some bob and weaves as I retrieved the Sunday Paper. Then back up, doing the DC dance. Good little stint. Decided I earned a Yum, so my wife and I took off for Bubba Gandy Seafood Cajun Market, way up North almost to Spring Hill, TN. Got some Stone Crab Claws, took them home and had a private romantic feast. Had some melted butter with spices and salt to dip, but we both decided that the claws tasted better without. Busting in to the claws required force, so I brought out the [light weight] Warington cross peen hammer. My wife had made some oriental dish, Japanese cuisine, of wrapped sort of sweet rice. Now it was better with the sauce, so nothing was wasted and we felt virtuous, if a bit decadent.
Dog: And they brought home some goodies for me. Those Cajun twoleggers sure know their Yums. April 14, 2014 at 3:08 UTC