Eileen M.'s Profile
streak 105 days
streak 61 days
- Completed 470 challenges
― C. JoyBell C.
- ugh, I don't like this one. . .it's so much easier to keep those power cord adapters plugged in! Okay, I will do this.
“I shall ne'er chase rainbows again,
Knowing no pot o' gold awaits at the end.
My Irish treasure is not there.
For ye, my love, abide with me here.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway
namaste March 10, 2014 at 11:18 UTC
- well, tomatoes are not in season; so unless we have pasta tonight (which I doubt) it will probably be asparagus or red peppers!
Lisa M., Day 3 of pact is done. . ."Hump" day! :)
“I think being a woman is like being Irish... Everyone says you're important and nice, but you take second place all the time.”
― Iris Murdoch
namaste March 9, 2014 at 15:38 UTC
- Family reunion picnics. Growing up we went to one each summer. Then, for a while, they faded away. As we became parents, we brought them back. Then, as our children moved on, they faded away. We are now waiting for the "kids" to bring them back. Hopefully we will have one this summer!
“We survive. We're Irish. We have the souls of poets. We love our misery, we delight in the beauty of strange places and dark places in our hearts.”
― Eilis Flynn, Wear Black
namaste March 8, 2014 at 13:43 UTC
Lori H. replied March 8, 2014 at 17:18 UTC:
Love your quote today...And being part Irish, I totally relate!
- "I heard it through the grapevine". . . .done :)
Thanks for the encouragement :)
Lisa M. Day 1 done!
“With a hand full of beer and a heart full of cheer, I’m as Irish as I can get, but add good times and some quick funny lines… and gold I make leprechauns sh!t. Sláinte! - Jess”
― Jon Bendera, Jess: A Novel of Hell and Ecstasy
namaste March 7, 2014 at 23:20 UTC
- not really sure about these instructions:
. Lie on your side with legs together and bent at a 45-degree angle. (In other words, bend your knees but don't have your lower legs perpendicular to your body; position your lower legs so you are halfway between forming a letter "L" and lying straight-legged.) Keeping your feet together, tighten the muscles of your top leg and lift your knee slowly to a count of 3, then slowly lower it back down. Repeat 5 times. Switch sides and repeat 6 times.
I had yoga today with a new instructor. She was very good. Not truly yoga; more stretching and strengthening exercises. We worked from our head to our toes; so I'm going to count this as done. Tomorrow before I get out of bed, I'll try to do this one!
“Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.”
― Alex Levine
Almost time for it!
Namaste March 6, 2014 at 23:17 UTC
Show moreEileen M. and others posted 2 replies.
Eileen L. replied March 6, 2014 at 23:31 UTC:
Eileen, I feel the same way about my pilates classes. Sometimes a new or different instructor can get me to push myself. Hope you're having a great day!
Angela F. replied March 7, 2014 at 11:06 UTC:
Happy Friday Eileen!
- Flamingo! pretty easy one today! have fun!
“Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.”
― Joseph Conrad
namaste March 5, 2014 at 12:22 UTC
Level 149: Blossoming
Reach level 150 to reveal.