Susie R.'s Profile
streak 1562 days
streak 1562 days
- Completed 1768 challenges
For much of my life I was a Library Manager.
Married now for the second time round and between us we have 4 children and 1 grand daughter.
Live a block from the beach on the South Coast of New South Wales, Australia and now about to venture to the Clarence Valley in Northern NSW.
No Pacts for me.
Define your dream and list 3 small steps you can take to make it happen.
My dream is to get this unfit body fit again.
1. Join the local gym/pool in my new home town so I can do my hydro exercises.
2. Set myself achievable mini goals, that allow me to monitor my progress realistically.
3. Stop allowing my heart condition, my back condition and my lipodema to be my excuses......but to embrace exercises that are doable with these conditions.
4. (Just thought of this one)..........investigate chair yoga classes/exercises, and lipedema massages.
Draw up a contract for yourself that commits you to a goal.
I commit to signing up for the Warm Water classes in my new home town within 2 weeks of arriving.
Share the most important lesson you've learned in life.
Wow........for me everything revolves around being of service to my community and family, and doing it with an open heart. It is a lesson I need to relearn, often on a daily basis!
Make and share 1 small, manageable resolution - no "New Year's" needed.
i will pack 3-5 boxes per day until moving day.
List 3 traits of someone you admire.
I performed a funeral for a dear family friend yesterday and many of the wider group of friends were there. All in their late 70's and early 80's. I was particularly mindful of one of these gorgeous women who :
1. Is always interested in what you are doing.
2. Is always inclusive, bringing others into the circle and creating a space for others at the table.
3. Has a wickedly wonderful sense of humour, a rather delightful view of the world along with a twinkle in her eye and a booming full belly laugh.
Recall 1 event or accomplishment that made you feel proud of yourself when you were younger.
I am proud of numerous accomplishments..........but today I will choose all of my swimming wins.......I was a competitive freestyler and backstroker........loved being in the water and won many medals back in my youth.
Evaluate your priorities by drawing a pie chart of your life.
My pie chart is a tad lopsided at the moment, as most of my time is taken up with packing boxes, arranging utility services to be connected and disconnected, arranged men with trucks to carry our furniture, cleaners, insurance.......and then there is the legal stuff! The list is never ending.
Perhaps when I am settled, I could hope that my pie chart shows a wonderfully equal split between work, leisure, health, family and community.........that will be my aim!