Laura S.'s Profile
streak 1062 days
streak 1062 days
- Completed 1151 challenges
To be healthy you must be an activist. You must push yourself past your comfort zone. I was looking for a cure & I found my life!!!
- Thank you Troy for your encouragement.....I am getting it going. LOL!!
Great challenge for the day after Earth Day. Sedona Recycles takes drop-offs of both electronics AND batteries every day throughout the week. And several local organizations ~ such as Kiwanis have annual drives to collect electronics.
Happy day to all.... I am off to do some veg and fruit shopping, have an appt to have my nails done...later I am going to a hike and plan to call my dad while I am out on the trail.
Make the day amazing!
Peace, Love and eat your veggies!! ♥♥♥ April 23, 2014 at 16:27 UTC
- I am walking to work, so I will do my best to remember to incorporate the challenge somewhere along the route.
It's EARTH DAY!!!! What are you doing to be kind to our Mother??? As mentioned, I am walking to work. Hubby and I decided not to turn on electronics at home ~ no tv, music or computers at home. Not turning on the stove (cold leftovers for dinner and dining al fresco this evening) or using other appliances, if possible. Keeping use of lights to a minimum this evening (only in the rooms we are in....). I did laundry late last night and now everything is line drying out on the back patio.
Peace, Love, eat your veggies and BE GREEN!!! ♥♥♥ April 22, 2014 at 16:01 UTC
- Living in Arizona, sunscreen is a must every day of the year. The hand cream that I use (Desert Essence brand) already has sunscreen in it and I have been using it for years!
Day Three Irene ~ on the downward slide of our pact.
I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. Most of the food I prepared got wiped out ~ just enough leftovers for my hubs for dinner two nights this week. Desserts ~ gone or taken home with guests. And by the number of wine and champagne bottles in the recycling bin...... Well, YIKES ~ I didn't realize how much was drank by everyone. I don't drink alcohol and I guess I was too busy serving to notice.....
I am getting out for a long, long walk this morning ~ the weather is perfect. Heading for a high in the low 80's today. Getting out to soak up some Vitamin D....and I will be wearing sunscreen. Of course, wearing sunscreen who knows how much I will actually soak up!?
I have some design work to do this afternoon and hope to be able to get to Taize at 5p this afternoon.
Wishing you all a very happy Monday!
Peace, Love and eat your veggies!! ♥♥♥ April 21, 2014 at 16:06 UTC
- HAPPY EASTER!!!! I am going hiking and afterwards, perhaps I will do the challenge.
Dinner guests arrive at 3p. Worked like crazy yesterday getting MOST everything done for today. Just odds and ends to take care of.....it's a beautiful morning. Mother Nature is calling!
Peace, LOVE and eat your veggies!! ♥♥♥ April 20, 2014 at 15:42 UTC
- My husband brings the Red Rock Rag (okay, it's really called the Red Rock News) from the office. I do skim over it from time to time. I am a news junkie, but am more interested in national and international news, than local.... : /
I need to get moving on my day. A little exercise and then I will be cloistered in the kitchen....cooking and baking for tomorrow. I am hosting the dinner club for Easter dinner. I will also be attending the Easter Vigil (UG!) at 7p since my hubby is an usher at the service this evening. Probably my least favorite Mass of the year.....at least I can admit it!!!
Make the day amazing!
Peace, Love and eat your veggies!! ♥♥♥ April 19, 2014 at 14:42 UTC
- I am sipping a Pineapple Salsa smoothie at the moment ~ loaded with assorted greens ~ collard, dandelion, chard, kale, beet and spinach. Challenge ~ DONE!
Just home from an EARLY morning hike. I was on the trail shortly after 6:30a. I have put in more then 11 hours hiking this week. YAY!!! Have I ever mentioned that I like to hike??? I am attending a service at the Chapel of the Holy Cross at noon ~ "The Last Seven Words." Mass at 3p at the church I attend.... In between I need to pick up a few items that I need for Sunday's dinner club's Easter dinner.
Wishing all of you a blissful Good Friday!
Peace, Love and eat your veggies!! ♥♥♥ April 18, 2014 at 15:58 UTC