Kathryn T.'s Profile
streak 1015 days
streak 1015 days
- Completed 1021 challenges
- Ooh, ooh, ooh -- I know this one! I checked out places in Charlotte where you can recycle electronics -- got 9 hits immediately, and the list goes on. My cell phone was "recycled" by AT&T when I bought my new iPhone and my computer was recycled by my "go to" computer guru, who is very astute on these matters. However, I kept my hard drive.....'cause I wanted to !!
Thank you to my encouragers this morning: Joanie, Lorette, Pat, Sir William, and my super pact partner, RT, who knows A LOT about electronics. You've made my smile even bigger today!
Nice day for me....nothing on my agenda -- zero, nada, zilch. So I can get busy and find stuff to do, or elect to do squat !! Oh, I know I will find something to occupy my time, never fear.....and I will do my utmost to stay out of trouble.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take." ~~ Wayne Gretzky
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love and Cheer !! April 23, 2014 at 17:01 UTC
- Great challenge! The marching music is running through my head, mentally I am in The Big Easy. High steppin' and structin' my stuff. I may just do this one outside my condo.....all the other homeowners already think I am not quite right.....I can just get out there and confirm their suspicions!
Happy Tuesday to all my DC family, and Happy Earth Day. We desperately need to take care of this planet on which we live.....it's all we've got!
A big thank you and Carolina Hug to my encouragers this morning: Joanie, Buckaroo, Sir Paul, Lorette and my magnificent pact partner, RT. Love you all for thinking of me.
To Ponder: We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public. Well, most of us! LOL
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love, and Cheer !! April 22, 2014 at 15:39 UTC
- I must admit, I don't do this......or don't do it as much as I should. I do use sunscreen on my face, which is already in my face moisturizer, and has a high pH. Guess I will have to stop neglecting my hands.
Thanks to my wonderful encouragers this morning: Joanie, Lynn, the exceptional RT, and Sir William. I appreciate you all thinking of me this morning. The warm fuzzies you sent will carry me through the day.
Something interesting I learned while looking up something else: Feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat a day..........Wow - no wonder sneakers have a stench that can peel paint!! Just thought I'd pass this on in case you are ever at a loss for something to say at a party!! LOL
Tight Carolina Hugs, Lots of Love, and Cheer !! And you might want to look for "Odor Eaters" on sale. April 21, 2014 at 16:19 UTC
- Happy Easter evening to ALL my DC family, or happy Sunday, April 20th, to all who do not celebrate. I'm posting later than usual, but I think DC gives us until 7:00 a.m. the next morning to complete our given challenge......and I have finally completed it. Wasn't as hard as I thought it might be.....this is assuming I did it correctly, and I know I should assume nothing! It was done to the best of my ability. How's that?!
I had a wonderful lunch with my daughter, Mackenzie, at Upstream (we go every Easter and every Thanksgiving) for their fantastic buffet. I had oysters on the half-shell, mussels, scallops, shrimp, sushi, salmon, spinach salad, roasted squash and eggplant, green beans, and a glass (or two) of a nice California Chardonnay. Oh yeah, and a cup of coffee. I passed on the starches, meats and desserts. Not that I don't like them, but the seafood was what my taste buds wanted.
Thanks to my super encouragers this morning: My super great pact partner, RT, who I know did this challenge much better than I did; my friend, Wendy H., from the Inland Empire of Southern California; and sweet Joan - good friend of Bob! You are all the best -- I love you guys.
Remember: Don't ever let life intimidate you!!
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love, and Cheer !! April 20, 2014 at 23:52 UTC
- Most of the news coming out of Charlotte, NC, a city of over 1M and the largest city in NC, is NOT good news. Lately, the paper has been filled with the ousting and arresting of our Mayor, for corruption, bribery and other unsavory actions. He's only been in office for 4 months, but the FBI started investigating him 3 years ago. Most of the news I find in the paper or on TV is NOT good news.....lots of killings, robberies, etc. So I went to the "Local Section" and did find one bit of good news....one of our small local churches gave away $10,000 worth of gas gift cards to 250 people as part of their annual Easter celebration.....third year they've done this. This makes me smile. I've been told that "good news" doesn't sell papers, but it's nice to be able to read about man helping his fellow man (or woman)!
Big Easter Bunny thanks to all my wonderful encouragers today: Kathy B., Joanie, Lorette, RT, who is my pact partner extraordinaire, Flybaby Annie, and Pat M. Thank you all SO much. I was catching up on my zzzzzzzzzz's after yesterday's 3 hours of sleep. Felt wonderful. Rainy day in Charlotte - and that's conducive to sleep! My Easter baskets have been made (for adults!) and I'm ready for tomorrow.....as ready as I'll ever be. LOL
I have learned that the worst thing in life to be without is love -- but toilet paper comes in a close second!
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love, and Cheer! April 19, 2014 at 18:01 UTC