Kathryn T.'s Profile
streak 1008 days
streak 1008 days
- Completed 1014 challenges
- I am a hugger - and today I got to hug myself. Now isn't that special? (a la Dana Carvey as the Church Lady). But it WAS a stretch or sorts, so that's a good thing. Special thanks to my encouragers today - Joanie, Lorette and RT, my wonderful pact partner. Love and hugs to you!
I "logged on" to DC this morning, but didn't get to post until now (3:00 p.m.) Today was lunch with the LAX group (Life After Xerox). It was a small group this month and three were expected. However, one member just popped in (she's the one who never lets us know if she's coming or not....she said she doesn't like to "commit"). She decided not to eat, but spent the entire time we were trying to eat regaling us with all her MANY ailments and treatments - and she's got A LOT. Lordy! It was not my topic of choice and I brought most of my lunch home. Anyway......my left side is black and blue from my friend, Sue, punching me all during the conversation. I REALLY needed a glass of wine!!
Hope all of you are having a wonderful Thursday. A nice, bright, sunny day here in Charlotte. Temp is hovering around 58, which is not what you would consider hot.....but then I am always hot! LOL
Tight Hugs (the kind I love to give), Lots of Love, and Cheer !! April 17, 2014 at 19:09 UTC
- To sleep.....perchance to dream.....ay, there's the rub. With thanks to Willie Shakespeare's Hamlet. But I do NOT intend to die to get this sleep! I DO sleep, but it takes me forever to GET to sleep....for I am a Night Owl and am fully awake and ready to rumble in the wee hours of the morning. I have tried many things to get to sleep at a relatively normal hour at night, even with a doctor's help, but it just doesn't work for me. Good thing I am retired; otherwise, I would have to work 2nd or 3rd shift. I'm hoping no one suggests drinking warm milk.....that sounds revolting!
Thanks to my wonderful and caring friends for their encouragement this morning (even though I was sleeping at the time) -- Joanie, who always beats me up even with a two time zone difference; Lynn, who also beats me up, in the same time zone; Lorette, an early riser in Canada; RT, my wonderful pack partner, who lives 3 time zones away on the west coast; and Pat, same time zone, but an early riser also! I love you guys! So what's wrong with me? Do NOT answer that! LOL Early to bed and early to rise just doesn't get it for me. Can't wait to read everyone's "How To" on this one!!
A little chilly this morning down south - after our rain most of the day yesterday. But I am not complaining -- the grass is very green, the trees are blooming, the flowers are coming up.....and all's right with my world.
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love, and Cheer !! April 16, 2014 at 18:07 UTC
- And a "moment" is as long as I'm going to think about this negative life event. Bottom line, I am alive, no more physical and mental abuse, and I am happy and very positive. Out of the darkness comes the light.
I am so thankful to my encouragers this morning: Glenda, Joanie and Lorette! Thank you, ladies....you made my day!!
This is gonna be a short post.....I tried to get up early this morning, but I'm cutting it close....got to get to a meeting and luncheon of the Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary. April and May will be our last meetings until September.....not that we stop "doing" for those who can't. But just no more meetings.
Wishing all my DC family a wonderful Tuesday....it IS Tuesday, isn't it? I will stop by the Post Office coming come and mail my taxes, which I am paying under duress, as always. Got an e-mail from IHOP that they are offering everyone a FREE short stack today -- to help ease the pain dealing with the corrupt IRS. I probably won't go, even if it is a nice thing. I can't even eat a short stack....too much.
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love, and Cheer !! April 15, 2014 at 14:26 UTC
- No more salami.....no more processed cheese, no more pretzels/chips.....and no more beets!! Haha, just threw in the beets for fun, because I do NOT like beets! And we all know they are not processed. These lists are good to know, however, we DO know that our bodies require a certain amount of salt per day to function properly. You knew that, right? Good. I personally use unrefined sea salt - a little goes a long way. In my younger years (yesterday?) I craved salty things; would suck the salt off of pretzels and then throw the pretzel away! Bad Kathryn!
Grateful thanks this morning to my encouragers - Joanie and Lorette. You two are wonderful and I appreciate you thinking of me. I now have my Monday warm fuzzies. I have no earthly idea why I am up so early this morning. I didn't post immediately, but I was up at 8:30 a.m. This is rare, as you know, for me. I think it was because I got a call around 8:20 on my cell phone from a friend of mine. I looked at the caller ID, saw who it was, and decided to let her leave a message. She did - or so I thought. When I listened to the message, which I did three times, it was all garbled and weird. Well, she IS weird, but that's another story.....seriously, she's a good friend. I was kind of concerned, so I called her back.....it went to her voice mail, but she did return my call. Asked if she were alright; that I was concerned. She burst out laughing. Seems she had an appointment this morning and stuck her cell phone in the back pocket of her slacks. She forgot it was there and when she got into her car, sitting on said phone, her butt dialed my phone number! I've never been called by a butt before....well, that's not totally true, but I mean by a gluteus maximus.
Wishing all my DC family a wonderful Monday. I'm headed out to "visit" my CPA and pick up my taxes. I was getting a little antsy because I hadn't been called to pick them up. Seems mine sort of fell through the cracks as far as someone calling me. They had BEEN ready and sitting on the receptionist's desk. She was falling all over herself with apologies. Doesn't matter a bit to me.....I am going to have to pay this year.....Federal, State, and Estimated Taxes for both Federal and State. I am giving MY money that I made to the government.....to mishandle!! Ticks me off.
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love and Cheer !! Sorry I got a tad verbose. It doesn't pay for me to get up early! April 14, 2014 at 15:13 UTC
- What? I have read this challenge three times - and I'm still not 100% on what it wants us to do. I am assuming that DC is assuming that we have unhealthy habits! Au contraire......after being on DC for a long time (in June), I figured I had lost those bad boys. But I'm sure I haven't. I've got to ponder on this for a little while. I don't bite my nails, I have stopped smoking, and I don't snack while watching TV.....I mean Mark Harmon on NCIS gets my undivided attention! There is one teensy habit I have, which may be considered unhealthy.....I yell at political pundits on TV with whom I totally disagree.....but I don't throw shoes at the TV. LOL. I think my aim would have been better than the woman who did throw the shoe. Okay, 'nuf said. I will just change channels rather than increase my blood pressure.
To my encouragers this beautiful Sunday - Joanie, Sir Paul, Lovely Lorette, and my wonderfully clever and ultra smart pact partner, RT.....I thank you so much for the kicks in the keister today. You all did a good thing; I appreciate it and love you.
Wising all my DC family a super Sunday. Bright and beautiful here in Charlotte....but the humidity is rearing its ugly head already. Ugh!
"Three things cannot be long hidden: The Sun, the Moon, and the Truth." ~~ Buddha
Tight Hugs, Lots of Love, and Cheer !! April 13, 2014 at 17:23 UTC