Cuppy B.'s Profile
streak 156 days
streak 11 days
- Completed 433 challenges
- Thank you all for your encouragement. I have blown through Level 161! Barbara B, Bob G.,Wendy, Lisa B. Debbie L. and all thank you !!!!! I have had another busy day. I started the day off at my usual time 0430, which I knew was a mistake. I am working 3 to 11pm tonight. Long day. But my internal clock is set! The dog ran in the muddy yucky horse pasture and left a white cocker spaniel and came back a muddy black mess. That led to a bath for her, and for me and a deep cleaning of the shower!. I guess it is good I got up early to clean up all that mess! It was a beautiful cool and sunny day for which I was grateful! Dog and me all cleaned and off to breakfast at noon! Busy day, late night.
I would share a tradition that I have always held in my home is that when we eat a meal we sit down together at the dinner (or dining table depending how formal you are!) to eat together. The more updated version would be that there are NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES ALLOWED, INCLUDING CELL PHONES at the dinner table. Thus allowing for honest open uninterrrupted verbal conversation between folks sittting near one another. I so enjoy just talking, laughing and sharing thoughts with my family and friends over a meal.
i will close for now. Kelly we are in another awesome pact. I hope you got to work on your flower garden outside today! I had a reprival from soccer as the fields were wet, but next week, I will be at the soccer fields until noon! What I do for my grandfriends!
Sending love, laughter and light to you all. I am grateful I am feeling much better. Thanks to the wonderful docs at UNC Medical School. Each day I feel well I am grateful. Many thanks and hugs DC family! March 9, 2014 at 2:17 UTC
Show moreKate M. and others posted 2 replies.
Mare M. replied March 9, 2014 at 7:35 UTC:
It's important to eat together!
Yvonne S. replied March 9, 2014 at 11:36 UTC:
My oldest daughter and I have a tradition that involves going out to eat together every other Sunday. We are going to a new Chinese restaurant today.
Glad I have a cat. ha ha. Except that he bit me on the neck this morning. That's not fun. At least he doesn't go outside in the mud. Oooh. What a job cleaning up after him.
- Bob Lisa B Latifah and Amy thanks for the encouragement. What a busy day! I actually felt good enough to go to a birthday dinner with some friends at one of the cook at the table restaurants. What fun I had being with friends! I will do this challenge tomorrow, I work 3 to 11pm.
Love to all and thanks for the encouragement, it really warms my heart and brings a smile to my face! Hugs abound to you all!!!!!! March 8, 2014 at 1:17 UTC
- Bob . Lynn, Wendy and Sandra, thanks for the Encouragement and sending me over the top to Level 160! woohoo, how exciting. Had a busy day off, I work the weekend so it was nice to be able to sleep in and run some errands. I am dog sitting for a co worker so I had more time to go over and play with the pooches. Raining here and cold, so looking forward to spring!
I went to the grocery today and picked up some delicious fresh green beans, and Brussel sprouts. Also some cabbage and other stuff for an Asian Salad that I love with pumpkin seeds. Here is the recipe for the dressing!
Asian Salad Dressing:
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup water
In a 1 pint glass jar or larger, combine the garlic, ginger, olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and water. Cover the jar with a tight fitting lid, and shake well. Remove lid, and heat jar in the microwave for 1 minute just to dissolve the honey. Let cool, and shake well before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Hope you have a great evening, everyone stay warm and safe! March 7, 2014 at 0:59 UTC
- Jill T and Amy B. thanks for the encouragement. I am tired tonight. I am gonna call it a day real soon.Getting sick. Ugh. Like a cold... I will tell you that when I smell a color crayon, it makes me remember kindergarten days and smile! Not quite sure it is an accomplishment, but, the smell brings back happy memories in general.
Love to you all! Happy Dreams and Happy Wednesday! March 6, 2014 at 0:09 UTC
- Wendy Kelly Lisa B. Joanne and Kelly thank you for the Encouragement. It surely is helping me to the next DC level and bringing me smiles! Another good day, in fact better than yesterday. I ordered some new shoes for work that have springs in them and are suppose to cause less leg fatigue. They should be here tomorrow or so.
I shall do this challenge now. I actually had the energy to go to a friend's to watch their dogs for them while they are away. How exciting, I might feel good enough to go out for a long promised dinner , huh Kelly?
Love to you all. March 5, 2014 at 0:34 UTC